We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Facility Management Services division.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
This person will be responsible for:
- Lead projects from initiation to closeout
- Develop and manage budget, project plans, schedules and scopes of work
- Oversight, scheduling and coordination of internal and external resources for project completion
- Communicate with clients and project resources (subcontractors and vendors)
- Document discussions, outcomes and decisions
- Support Request for Proposal (RFP)process
- Research and evaluate new products and vendors
- Process, review, log and distribute submittals
- Obtain detailed knowledge of contract, drawings and specifications for project(s)
- Ensure safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel
- Maintain cost issue logs
- Assume financial responsibility for project, including accurate, timely and relevant reporting to stakeholders
- Facilitate invoice payment to subcontractors and suppliers
- Review and substantiation of subcontractor billing
- Assist in preparation of monthly project accounting review (ETC)
- Monitor, control and report on the financial performance of projects
- Draft subcontracts and purchase agreements
- Assist with client billings
- Serve as primary point of contact with customer
- Inform internal and external customers of new offerings and upgrades
- Facilitate communication internally between project team and other departments
- Communicate with vendors, subcontractors and clients about technical areas of expertise
- Act as conduit of feedback to Technology Solutions team regarding performance of systems designed and implemented
- Make presentations to a variety of audiences; act as technical subject matter expert
- Identify, qualify and funnel potential new service opportunities to Business Development team
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Mentor assigned project staff
- Develop project staffing plans to include labor and subcontractors
- Act as steward of McKinstry culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and VISIO required; working knowledge of SharePoint and AutoCAD preferred.
- Knowledge of:
- Construction management, commercial building process, financial acumen
- Project management processes and tools
- Data center operations
- Understanding of best practices in DC operations
- Preferred knowledge of:
- Metering and data collection hardwar
- Electrical Distribution and electrical theorie
- HVAC equipment and operatio
- Networking and programming in IT languages
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or equivalent field of study preferred.
- Equivalent of 5+ years experience in project management, building operations or other related field.
- Building automation systems or direct digital controls programming experience preferred.
- Building commissioning or building operations efficiency preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally up to 30%.
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
For over five decades, McKinstry has been creating and maintaining buildings that keep tenants comfortable and bottom lines healthy. And...