The Project Manager will manage our clients’ implementation from award through the duration of the project with minimal direction and oversight. The project will include survey and installation phases that must be managed concurrently with several efforts in various stages of completion occurring simultaneously. The Project Manager will be relied upon to coordinate project meetings and activities with subcontractor personnel and multiple customer contacts throughout the project’s duration and must manage team resources effectively to meet all project requirements. The ideal candidate will possess strong planning, organizational and communication skills with the ability to use MS Office including Excel, Word and Project effectively. The candidate must also be comfortable with his/her presentation skills as they will be required to routinely brief management and the customer regarding the status of the project. The Project Manager is expected to perform his/her duties with limited supervision, and must be capable of providing direction to project team members, including engineering and subcontractor resources.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent military training, or equivalent work experience managing large scale Information Technology (IT) projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Documented Project Management experience with the deployment of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services in a campus or enterprise environment.
- Strong background in the transition of Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) voice services to a VoIP environment a plus
- Experience supporting the coordinated deployment of VoIP or IT services to a large and distributed user community, to include the development and delivery of user training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, MS Office suite to include in depth knowledge of MS-Project
- Strong communication, presentation and public speaking skills are essential. Coordination with a large and diverse user population required.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications are required; technical writing skills is required
- Attention to detail and the ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously is required
- Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work is required
- Ability to take ownership with minimal direction
- Experience with Project Management Institute Processes a plus
- A valid US driver’s license is required