New Directions Behavioral Health, founded in 1995, is dedicated to helping people find a healthy balance and improve health through positive change. We offer managed behavioral healthcare, employee assistance, organizational consulting, and health coaching programs.
As behavior change experts, we provide a full range of proven practices to help individuals attain healthier and more balanced lifestyles. In fact, we serve the behavioral health needs of millions of people in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and across the nation.
New Directions is the fastest growing behavioral health care company. Our services have earned national recognition and awards for innovation and best practices. And we are accredited by NCQA as an MBHO and by URAC for utilization management and case management.
New Directions is seeking a Project Manager in Kansas City, MO to be responsible for project management of the implementation of new managed behavioral health accounts in addition to other internal projects as necessary. The Project Manager will have proven project management skills, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects.
The Project Manager’s key responsibilities include:
- Develop major accounts implementation project plan in coordination with each implementation area lead and VP of Operations including Technology, Claims, Analytics, Network Operations, Clinical Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Benefits, Communication, Contracting, Finance, Legal/Compliance, Account Management and Facilities.
- Achieve timely and effective results through regular meetings with each project lead to update plan and identify risk issues or barriers to meeting time frames.
- Track information on Smartsheet or other agreed upon project management tool which includes tasks, accountabilities, time frames, tracking, inter-dependencies, and cost projections, status of barriers or risks, and communicating of progress against plan.
- Anticipate potential risks and coordinate development of mitigation plans
- Determine milestones to be met and organize interim implementation plan calibration with the team
- Demonstrates sensitivity and knowledge of health plan and key stakeholder’s culture
- Demonstrates change leadership skills
- Manages process for New Directions to own and follow through implementation which provides interim assessment phases to determine each product’s value.
- Manages “lessons learned/after action” process for continuous improvement
- Adheres to the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Code of Business Conduct and Compliance Program.
- Adheres to New Directions Behavioral Health Mission Statement, Core Values, Code of Business Conduct, and Compliance Program.
- Complies with all Federal and applicable State laws and New Directions Behavioral Health Policies regarding, privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information, and other designated information
- Attends regularly scheduled department and company staff meetings
- Participates in ongoing education as requested by New Directions
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS OUTSIDE IMMEDIATE DIVISION :
This position will interact with representatives from IT, Claims, Analytics, Network Operations, Clinical Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Benefits, Communication, Contracting, Finance, Legal/Compliance, Account Management and Facilities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, health care administration or other relevant healthcare or business field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Five (5) or more years of experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite of software to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Competency in Smartsheet or other project management software
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates consistency in professional demeanor in response to all situations regardless of the nature or circumstances of the situation
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
If you’re ready to join a team of professionals that are dedicated to making a difference, we want to hear from you!
New Directions Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/V/F.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
For consideration, please apply on-line at www.ndbh.com/careers.
New Directions Behavioral Health - 5 months ago
New Directions Behavioral Health is a full-service behavioral health organization based in the Kansas City area. We have provided Employee A...