This position is also being announced under the Agency's Merit Promotion Plan to federal employees and non-competitive appointment eligibles. If you wish to be considered under Merit Promotion or Non-Competitive procedures, you MUST apply under the Merit Promotion announcement 13-107-LMD-MP.
The Planning and Policy Analysis (PPA) organization provides direct support to the Director, U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the agency in the analysis of policy options and administrative and legislative initiatives. The Office is responsible for providing the Director with the analyses needed to assess trends and issues impacting OPM, other Federal agencies and departments, and the Federal workforce particularly in the area of retirement and insurance policy issues.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Create and execute project work plans and revise appropriately to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities, or recommend assignments to the PPA Director and Deputy Director as necessary;
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the Health Claims Data Warehouse (HCDW) project and other assigned projects;
- Review deliverables prepared by the project team(s) before final project approval;
- Apply Federal and OPM project management methodologies and enforce relevant standards;
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately;
- Ensure audit readiness;
- Develop and apply a robust process of risk management, tracking and reporting aimed at minimizing project exposure and risk; and
- Ensure information security requirements are applied and compliant with legal, regulatory and policy governance.
- Oversee and manage staff in the performance of projects and goals.
You must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience creating and executing project work plans; identifying resources needed; managing the day to day operational aspects of projects and staff; and reviewing deliverables.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application package must support your answers to the occupational questionnaire. If your answers cannot be verified, your rating will be changed to an appropriate level.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
- Strategic Thinking
- Developing Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to meet requirements of Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers established by the Office of Federal Procurement Policy.
- Expert knowledge of project management processes and practices generally, and specific expertise related to Federal project management requirements. If you meet all of the basic and minimum qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
OPM offers a comprehensive benefits package this link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered.
Relocation expenses will not be paid. Current OPM career employees may qualify as an exception.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
usajobs.gov - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard