The Project Manager is responsible for managing and working with PC Connection (PCC) sales subsidiary engagements of professional services and solution development opportunities, as well as increasing the size, scope and margins of product only deals. The Project Manager is the primary point-of-contact into the PCC Services business. This manager has full responsibility for Networking projects, assisting clients and sales team in planning, scoping, scheduling and determine requirements for the client product/service. Manages day-to-day activities. Evaluates architects and documents complex solutions so that service/project managers can develop modules of the product/services independently. Duties performed at customer’s site or remotely. He/She will also serve as pre-sales support specialist.
- Work with Sales to qualify professional services and complex product opportunities.
- Manage complex engagements (Pre & Post Sales).
- Manage internal and partner-based resources to fulfill opportunity needs.
- Create and manage Statements of Work (SOW) and RFPs for customer presentation.
- Work with Product Management, Business Development, Partners, and Engineers to create complex solution offerings.
- Perform or assist with Billing, Time, and Expense tracking.
- Coordinate customer meetings utilizing technical staff, demonstrations, vendors, partners, and the Customer Briefing Center (CBC).
- Must be a ‘self-starter’, capable of managing engagements from beginning to end.
- Must be able to accommodate occasional travel (25%).
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are a must.
- Proven project management experience or equivalent certification is required.
- Competency with standard project management tools is required.
- Must have a BS/MS degree in computer science or engineering with 7-9 years of related experience.
- Experience with Networking Project is a major plus.
- PMP certification is a major plus.
- At least five (5) years’ experience working in the IT Professional Services industry is desired.
PC Connection - 2 years ago