The Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple technology projects at an end to end level from initiation to closure. This will include cross-functional coordination and communication across multiple teams with the expectation of identifying key project dependencies. The PM will drive project planning/scheduling in order to develop and maintain program level schedules and milestones. In addition, the PM will manage the project budget, establish communication plans and perform risk and scope management.
• Experience using PMI Project Management Lifecycle Methodology
• In-depth knowledge around SDLC – including Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative
• Expertise in building detailed Project Plans and Sprint Schedules, Communication Plans, Budget Management, Action/Issue/Risk Management
• Ability to work as part of a multi-location cross-functional global team and understand challenges associated
• Experience assessing accurate project health and revealing project dependencies and issues
• Effective time management and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent negotiation, coordination and communication skills
• Provide support around organizational efficiency for producing processes and best practice documentation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• In-depth knowledge around business requirements gathering, analysis and execution
• Experience with test strategy planning and qualitative analysis
• Ability to communicate with all levels and teams within the organization
• College Bachelor's degree required
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• 5+ years of IT project management experience with emphasis on agile methodology
• 5+ years managing projects using Microsoft project
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to master the following competencies:
• Aptitude – willing and able to learn new principles and tools; practices and demonstrates application of newly learned tools and techniques promptly; comfortable with asking questions for clarification
• Strong interpersonal skills –able to converse with and engage diversely skilled people at multiple levels of the organization
• Well organized – can assimilate data and information in an orderly manner for timely recall; good time management and planning skills
• Results oriented and proactive – works well without persistent supervision; drives to address issues; produces to established timelines; takes informed and educated risks; plans for contingencies and meets deadlines consistently
• Firm grounding in analytical techniques – good mathematics and analytic capabilities; has experience with, or is able to grasp, statistics and mathematical approaches to problem solving; is facile with measurement, data collection, and data presentations
• Strong facilitation and adult learning techniques – recognizes the value of learning through participation and hands-on experiences; good platform and teaching skills; can simplify and explain complex concepts; comfortable with providing JIT training of tools for teams; expresses work and life experiences as analogies
• Well respected by leaders, peers, and coworkers – recognized as a consistent high performer; comfortable with communicating with all levels in the organization; respects people; often exceeds expectations; maintains a balance of work and personal life
• Change agent – aware of and responsive to the behavioral aspects of process and cultural change; able to rally organization and management support for changes
• Strong communication skills – articulate in speech and writing; effective in group presentation and communications; clearly communicates scope and expectations; effective listening skills; open to and accepts new ideas and others’ points of view
• Good team-building and motivational skills – works well with diverse teams; engages team members; can focus teams toward common goals; understands principles of group dynamics; good conflict-resolution skills
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 58 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content – from rich media to online video to multimedia – and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company. PR Newswire is a subsidiary of United Business Media, UBM. At UBM plc, we invite you to be part of an organization that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business. UBM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of PR Newswire Association LLC and its subsidiaries. PR Newswire is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
PR Newswire is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Corporate communication is the language this company speaks. PR Newswire Association is a leading distributor of corporate news and public...