As a Project Manager, you are responsible for coordinating, defining, staffing, and managing one or multiple IT related projects. The Project Manager also collaborates with PPT business units to ensure the delivery of high quality project deliverables and works with the project business owner to oversee delivery performance ensure delivery quality and report schedule, cost, and execution performance. In addition, the Project Manager develops project schedules, coordinates project status meetings and manages resources in all phases of the project life cycle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Successfully integrates knowledge of network and systems infrastructure with project management methodologies to support implementation of IT projects.
- Works with Prism Pointe Technologies (PPT) management team to assess resource requirements, allocate staff and assign responsibilities.
- Coordinates and monitor tasks assigned to PPT resources.
- Monitors and control project costs and budgeting for all resources including people, material, expenses, etc.
- Attends weekly project team meetings and weekly project status reports that communicate project progress (including risks, schedule and budget status) to manager and project stakeholders.
- Manages escalation of issues.
- Communicates and collaborates with project team and manager to ensure that project deliverables are completed.
- Assesses and manages the technical and project risks associated with client projects.
- Develops project plans to ensure that client objectives are met.
- Participates in client interactions & project updates to ensure high-degree of client satisfaction.
- Ensures project deliverables match client expectations by proactively informing Sr Program Manager of progress/obstacles.
- Proactively builds and maintains strong client/partner relationships to facilitate expansion of PPT business opportunities and informs PPT management team of potential opportunities within existing or new client accounts.
- Perform additional, related responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of personnel and communicate clearly in a professional manner, requiring strong organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Strong skills in management, decision making communication, planning, cost accounting and organization. Effective change management skills and experience.
- Requires competence and experience in human resource management, problem solving, and quality assurance techniques.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Work may involve lifting, pushing or carrying documents weighing 20 pounds.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or an IT related Degree.
- At least 2 years of General Management experience.
- At least 4 to 5 years of Project Management experience.
- At least 4 years of experience managing large IT deployments.
- Able to work in team environments
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to operate a computer and applicable software packages
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
JobServe USA - 9 months ago