Under general supervision, the Project Manager is responsible for fully professional architectural/engineering work of considerable difficulty. Manages multiple aspects of the design and construction process for the Office of Facilities Development. Coordinates capital outlay and other facilities development projects to insure compliance with scope and budget. Serves as a liaison between the Board, campus representatives, architectural/engineering firms, and contractors. |
- Leads in reviewing projects for compliance with program, scope, budget, and State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requisitions, and other related project documents for general conformance with the Board of Regents objectives.
- Coordinates the work of contract architects and engineers to ensure compliance with pertinent building codes, rules and regulations.
- Assists in preparation of project budgets and related documents. Prepares designer agreements and approves designer's pay request.
- Makes recommendations to campuses on problems concerning design, construction, and maintenance of facilities. Travels to Board campuses as necessary to complete program objectives.
- Observes projects under construction and reviews change orders as necessary.
- Works with office software and updates the facilities project database.
- Participates in review of facilities and the physical facilities survey.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of standards, procedures and records
Bachelors degree in architecture or engineering and a minimum of 5 years experience as a registered architect or registered engineer
Current registration as an architect or engineer in Tennessee, or registration in another State with the ability to obtain registration as an architect or engineer in Tennessee
Review of applicants will begin February 19, 2013 (This is an extended search)
Official Transcript required
Proof of current license required
Benefits include but not limited to:
Paid monthly/37.5 hour work week
- two annual leave days per month; one sick day per month
- seven holidays and six administrative leave days
- medical, dental, and vision insurance
- retirement and 401 (k), 403 (b), 457 plans
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago
With nearly 250,000 members in more than 160 countries, Project Management Institute (PMI®) is the leading membership association for...