Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Job Description: Global Electronic Banking Channels Technology PMO Program Manager- Jersey City, NJ
The Global Electronic Banking Channels Technology PMO Project Manager has the primary responsibility of effectively applying his/her project and program management skills across technical functional teams while utilizing Project Management Methodologies, tools, and resource management skills to effectively plan, manage, and report progress against assigned technology initiatives. Types of technology projects and programs to be managed are primarily online banking platform application/system development efforts.
The Global Electronic Banking Channels Technology Team seeks to hire a Senior Program Manager (with at least 10 years of Project and Program Management and considerable PMO experience) to oversee and drive multiple programs and projects. Although these programs and projects are not technical application development efforts, the Senior Program Manager must be familiar with all aspects of Program and Project Management and SDLC processes and follow best practice Program and Project Management methodologies. Experience within a Program Management Office (PMO) is required and PMI / PMP certification is a big plus. This is a contract with right-to-hire opportunity.
1. Oversee and drive multiple programs and projects
2. Lead the PMO related work for assigned Programs (e.g. related to creating, deploying, and monitoring compliance with PMO Governance and Framework Standards/Procedures)
3. Organize, Track, Coordinate, and Report against the activity progress of onshore and offshore program team resources assigned to Projects
4. Recommend and lead efforts to streamline the organization's processes and establish best practices
5. Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities - tracking accomplishments and results of assigned resources (onshore and offshore)
6. Prepare senior management presentations and other communications.
7. Respond to ad hoc reporting requests and produce needed deliverables.
8. Produce deliverables - on time and of the highest quality.
9. Organize and lead meetings (plan, facilitate, document, follow up) to accomplish objectives.
10. Develop and implement an Executive Dashboard to report on key programs to senior management
11. Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards
12. Validate the program/project status is being reported accurately and timely
13. Lead and maintain overall program plan and critical path milestones
14. Provide thought leadership and lend insight to the strategic/operational initiatives
15. Build relationship with senior leaders and Program/Project owners; Interact with and present to Senior Management as required
16. Develop and manage a communications program
17. Identify risks and issues, and facilitate remediation
18. Manage complex matrix teams
1. Proven leader of multiple, concurrent Programs / Projects.
2. Extensive experience within a Program Management Office (PMO) including creating, deploying, and monitoring compliance with Standards and Procedures.
3. Experience authoring and implementing Program and Project Management standards and procedures
4. Experience in leading large scale process improvements
5. Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
6. Results orientated; ability to commit to and follow initiatives through to completion.
7. Able to work flexible hours and multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressured environment - managing changing priorities and tight deadlines
8. Able to be detailed focused and also to summarize status / issues / recommendations - producing quality deliverables.
9. Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and team building skills; Able to partner with and lead people with different personalities and responsibilities, demonstrating conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills to drive the decision making process; Adaptive; Confident; Persuasive; Proactive; Accountable; Enthusiastic
10. Able to work with minimum guidance.
11. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (will have interaction with senior technology and business managers). Ability to write effective, high-quality emails and documents.
12. Strong time management and organizational skills.
13. Previous consulting experience a plus
14. Advanced capabilities in quantitative and data analysis; Proven ability to conduct research/analysis, organize and interpret findings, and build presentations that facilitate senior management decision making
15. Ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts
16. Ability to participate as a decision maker and influencer with senior management
17. Provide guidance to and mentor other team members
18. Advanced skills with: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project.
19. Certification Preferred: PMI, PMP certified
20. Experience: At least 10 years of Program and Project Management experience.
21. Desirable: Experience with a fast-paced Financial Services Organization; Working knowledge of Client.
1. Program and Project Management (all methodologies)
3. Proactive, innovative, and creative problem solving skills
4. Demonstrated influencing and relationship skills with senior management
5. Strong communication
6. Demonstrated skills in leading diverse project teams
7. Strong change management skills
8. Ability to work within all levels of the organization
9. Executive presence
10. Strong relationship builder
11. Negotiation, difficult conversation management, and prioritization skills
12. Exceptional track record; direct execution and through others
13. Expert in managing cross-functional transformation projects
14. Client orientation and demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with clients
# Years of Experience: 10 + Years
Degree Required: Bachelor's Degree Required: Master's Degree Preferred
Please see our complete list of jobs at: