SAPIENT Government Services, INC.
Sapient Government Services (SGS) is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at SGS, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Government Services.
JOB TITLE – Project Manager
Job Title: Manager, Program Management
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Arlington, VA; Rockville, MD
Employee Status: Regular, Full time
Travel: < 5%
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Job Summary: This is a senior level position in the program management domain and the function of this position is to provide support in project tracking, deliverable creation, and reporting at a project level. This will include regular client interaction as well as risk/issue identification and management, scope management, and financial management activities.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Lead a mixed contractor / government project delivery team of 15 to 25 developers, creative experts, testers, analysts, and support staff
- Provides project management support to government project/program leadership by helping to manage issues, defects, and re-planning efforts
- Work with all users, including end users, site administrators, and managers to get feedback on current operations and requirements for new features
- Work closely with technical project leadership to plan, develop, and deliver system modernization, enhancement, and operations and maintenance capabilities
- Analyze current architecture, policies, and standards and provide recommendations based on industry best practices
- Provide guidance and support government project compliances such as Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA), Certification & Accreditation (C&A), and Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC)
- Facilitate meetings with key stakeholders and clients across multiple government agencies
- Provide project planning materials, such as project plans and cost estimates, and status / progress reports to government project leadership
- Gather, analyze, and document business and system requirements
- Support client workshops and checkpoints
- Review, document and assess client operations
- Develop and present solutions and recommendations
- Work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- Create strong working relationships with clients in business and IT roles
- Support business development activities including client proposals
- Estimate and plan releases
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- At least 6-8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a consulting organization is required
- Experience with document management and workflow solutions is desired
- Previous experience successfully leading mid-large size teams of individuals
- Has experience in and able to leverage automated tools such as DOORS, Requisite Pro, etc to manage requirements
- Has experience with the collection, refinement, and requirements for a large scale system implementation
- Experience managing iterative or agile software lifecycles on technology projects
- Creativity with an eye to developing new and innovative solutions
- Strong problem identification and analytical skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to create and deliver clear, powerful and concise presentations/proposals
- Ability to plan and manage time and resources, establish priorities and meet goals
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
About Sapient Government Services
Sapient Government Services, a division of Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com .
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.