This position works closely with Project Coordinators, Field Supervisors and clients. The goal of this position is to ensure high quality execution of all projects/contracts, and to meet budgets and schedules. Associate project managers often serve as the primary contact for customers and are responsible for overall customer satisfaction. They oversee execution performance, ensuring smooth workflow and compliance with established procedures and processes. Responsible for financial performance and complete execution and delivery of assigned projects.
- Define schedule for our work that meets customer schedule/completion date.
- Monitor job progress vs. schedule and address issues as soon as they arise.
- Perform project resource management (materials, labor, equipment, subcontractors, etc.)
- Coordinate with Field Supervisor to assign appropriate resources per project schedule. Once they are assigned to your project, monitor and manage their progress vs. budget.
- Coordinate with Material/Log Coordinator and Project Coordinator to ensure all material is ordered and received, and all subcontracts are in place per schedule.
- Coordinate subcontract work and equipment delivery with Field Lead or Supervisor.
Scope Management: Ensure projects are delivered per the scope of the contract.
- Responsible for total financial performance of projects.
- Perform monthly POC review and revenue forecast for all projects.
- Define, monitor and maintain accurate budgets throughout the project
- Identify opportunities- propose and obtain Change Orders
- Identify risks- develop mitigation plans.
Project Team Communication:
- Properly communicate with entire project team and provide all necessary information to ensure efficient execution of the project. (turnover to Field Supervisor/Foreman, proper information shared with Subs, schedule distributed to project team, timely communication of issues, etc.)
- Perform periodic job walks with the appropriate team members to monitor project progress and address any issues.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and owns the customer relationship
- Primary contact for customer
- Escalation contact for field issues
- Attend job coordination meetings, status meetings, etc.
- Follow up on Customer Survey results (manage cases).
- Maintain proper documentation both externally and internally- job progress, issues, change orders, correspondence, etc. to protect Siemens interest and to allow others to access information.
- Ensure proper permits are obtained.
- Responsible for billing (per customer and company requirements).
- Participate in collections (process forthcoming).
- Provide feedback on field personnel to appropriate Supervisor (i.e. performance/quality/productivity issues).
- Work with Sales/Estimators/Operations Managers on estimates when requested.
- Sign off on all project estimates/SOW prior to Bid.
- Compliance with corporate policies, processes and protocols.
Siemens - 17 months ago