Responsible for the planning, day-to-day management, and reporting of all Talyst development projects (software and hardware). This individual will participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, and be responsible for leading project meetings, creating and maintaining project plans, managing project scope, mitigating project risks, communicating project status, and identifying open issues and driving them to closure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical, highly complex, and high profile projects that involve interdependence among a variety of systems.
- Significant cross-departmental collaboration within the company as well as with third parties.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Project schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Cost estimates
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Proficiency with managing large, complex, interdependent projects with team members in multiple locations including dealing with third parties.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to shift easily between various planning granularities, from extremely detailed task lists to high-level long term strategy.
- Advocate for the use of best practices and methodologies as we evolve our product management and development processes.
- Support and promote the Talyst values through positive interactions with both internal and external customers on a regular basis
- Attend to other initiatives and goals as directed towards Talyst continuous growth and prosperity.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA technology, engineering, and/or computer science degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Certified PMP strongly preferred.
- 5+ years in software/hardware project management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft project management.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with customers and internal colleagues under stressful situations with scheduling limitations and conflicts.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and other common office tools.
- Experience working in a goal oriented, delivery focused, and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work and lead effectively within a team. Works autonomously, but also understands how to use team resources effectively
- Proven ability to provide technical guidance to other team members and explain things in simplistic terms.
- Ability to cope with interruptions, prioritize and work on many tasks simultaneously and willingness to assist with a variety of tasks. Must be able to analyze data and determine appropriate action.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel of up to 30% may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.