Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Project Engineering Manager
Location: St. Louis
Compensation: $115k +/- commensurate w/ experience
Benefits: Full benefits, casual working environment
About our Client:
Our client, headquarted in VA & with both U.S. and international plants, offices, and research facilities, develops and manufactures petroleum additives that help fuels burn cleaner and more efficiently, engines run smoother, and machines last longer.
The Project Manager manages complex and/or large engineering projects and has
overall responsibility for the execution of said projects. Areas of responsibility include operations and maintenance interface, safety, project budgets, and schedules. Directs and coordinates preparation of the Capital Project Approval documents and oversees assigned projects from approval through project closeout.
and fit within the overall capital plan and corporate direction.
- Identifies project execution alternatives that best fit the needs of the business and operations
process and roles and responsibilities are clearly understood. Ensures that the start-up plan is developed as part of the detail design engineering process.
- Ensures that Safety is the project’s number 1 priority and that the project safety plan is developed and communicated.
- Maps and directs the technical and administrative efforts required to accomplish project deliverables in accordance with the approved project scope, design concept, design criteria, engineering standards, schedule and budget in a safe manner.
- Works very closely with the Project Leadership Team to ensure that the project engineering team stays aligned around the project deliverables and goals.
- Establishes the project team communication structure; including electronic tools, meetings, decision criteria, and roles and responsibilities for each team member.
- Establishes the SAP Work Breakdown Structure for the project for effective project cost flow, management, and final asset settlement.
- Accountable for the development of the engineering, procurement, and construction strategies that follow industry-best practices to ensure successful implementation of capital projects.
- Reports on project status to key stakeholders via written reports and face-to-face updates as required.
- Ensures that detailed project cost and schedule controls are established to track progress on project commitments and that the project cost and schedule forecasts are communicated to the Project Leadership Team on a regular cadence.
- Works with the Project Leadership Team to establish the approved scope change procedure for the project and sees that it is strictly adhered to after project approval.
- Ensures that the project start-up team is identified during the front end engineering
- Accountable for interfacing with HSES department to obtain necessary permitting approvals.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with executive management, construction management, HSES, discipline engineers, sales and marketing, project controls, finance, contract administration, purchasing, and the business.
- Ensure project closure and final asset settlement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proactive leadership and team building skills Excellent organization skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering Work Experience: 5-12 years Industry Experience: 5-12 years
Monster - 11 months ago