VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic individual who welcomes the challenge of working within the Air Quality Services division as a Project Manager out of our soon-to-open Washington, DC office. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals!
The Project Manager we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to provide abatement oversight and technical support on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
Specific Job Title: Air Quality Project Manager
Specific Description: Provide project/task management and technical support for multiple projects; provide oversight and direction to junior staff
- Manage/perform field inspections (asbestos, HazMat, mold)
- Perform air monitoring (as needed basis)
- Interface with clients and outside contractor personnel
- Prepare and review reports
- Prepare cost and scope proposals
- Schedule and coordinate projects
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner
- Experience in the management and execution of HazMat, asbestos and mold field investigations
- Knowledgeable about scopes of work
- Technical experience managing environmental site inspections for asbestos, lead-based paint (LBP), and/or microbial issues, including report generation, report review and QA/QC.
- Management of project business functions such as productivity, staff supervision, and training, and performance of other environmental related duties, as needed.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- BA/BS in Environmental Science or related field is preferred
- Related environmental field experience, Supplemental degrees / certifications welcomed
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience required in technical activities directly related to HazMat, Mold and asbestos investigation activities, including report writing
- Possess excellent technical report writing skills to include compilation of quantitative and qualitative data, comparison of findings to industrial standards and guidelines.
- Must possess strong communications skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120
- Certifications (at least one of the following is preferred): EPA Certified Asbestos inspector; EPA Certified Lead inspector; EPA Certified Asbestos Project Monitor; NIOSH 582; OSHA 40 HR HAZWOPER. Experienced asbestos project monitors will also be considered.
The Vertex Companies, LLC. - 7 months ago