At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
IS PMO Office
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, Oil and Gas Pipelines, within the IS PMO, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading project teams to deliver Information Systems projects from definition to completion while maintaining the required levels of quality, cost, schedule and reporting. The ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders across multiple departments is critical to the success of this role. Projects will be across the full spectrum of IS services delivered at Transcanada, including infrastructure, software package configuration and integration, and custom software development.
- This position is eligible for domestic relocation
- This position is not eligible for cross-border relocation
- This position will require travel across borders and as such the successful candidate must be able to provide appropriate documentation to this effect.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered when determining the successful candidate for this role.
- Preference will be given to internal candidates.
- Liaise with internal customer groups to determine the work scope required for projects, project execution planning, deliverables, cost, schedule, safety and quality objectives;
- Lead teams to meet the objectives of projects, providing guidance and direction as required;
- Manage project activities including budget, schedule, and reporting functions in accordance with TransCanada's project management standards and methodolgies, delivering the required levels of quality and
Education and Qualifications:
- Develop appropriate strategies for both the definition and execution phases of the project;
- Manage vendor or partner resources, define work packages, develop and manage statements of work, create requests for proposals, as appropriate on a project by project basis;
- Create capital cost estimates, including appropriate allowances (risk, contingency and escalation);
- Ensure close and effective co-ordination with all internal stakeholder groups;
- Co-ordinate activities to deliver the timely and efficient internal approvals required for Project accountabilities; and
- Create and manage project plans, including risk , communication, quality, and other plans as necessary.
Please apply to this posting by February 12,2013.
- Bachelors degree or a combination of education in Information Technology or project management combined with appropriate work experience;
- Experience managing large software development projects, ideally in an Agile environment;
- Experience with offshore software development projects is an asset;
- 10 + years of related experience delivering IT projects;
- Experience in managing large project teams, featuring a mix of internal and vendor staff;
- Experience in oil and gas is an asset;
- Proven project management skills with a demonstrated track record of success, ideally supported with relevant industry accreditation;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and respond to shifting priorities and project timelines;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Strong team orientation, demonstrating a high level of cooperation;
- Well developed influencing and negotiation skills; and
- Recognized Project Management training with PMP certification would be an asset.
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code EXT50582828-01 or click HERE.
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://jobs.transcanada.com/
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
TransCanada - 17 months ago
TransCanada Corporation is a major North American energy company based in Calgary, Alberta, developing and operating energy infrastructure...