Project Manager (Job Number: 010388) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing small to complex projects under limited direction. Works with HR business clients to capture business requirements and project scope. Budget responsibilities are based on project requirements.
- Identifies and monitors project resource and cost allocation. Identifies and collaborates with external and internal groups, including IT for project implementation.
- Creates and maintains project deliverables such as project charter, project plan, risk/issue log, work breakdown structure.
- Works closely with the Corporate Project Management office and follows established project management guidelines.
- Presents and reports on project plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives, senior management, and steering committees.
- Analyzes and summarizes project cost information to make recommendations to the stakeholders in decision making.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of all business units within Human Resources to ensure that pertinent business information is incorporated into projects of the key strategic business initiatives and to be able to estimate the impact of the project on the organization.
- Leads the evaluation, definition, and development of project parameters and timeframes.
- Directs, leads, and manages the complexity of the program, integrating, influencing, and maneuvering the projects, the project plans, and the project teams.
- Identifies key issues and risks to determine the course of actions for resolution on each project and with each project team.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of project management experience, including work on large, complex projects.
- At least 4 years of experience leading teams on cross-business and technology initiatives.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Project (for example: adding resources to a project, assigning resources to a task, leveling resources across task, assigning costs to a tasks, tracking percent complete, start, and finish dates, and/or viewing progress through the Gantt chart or report).
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience presenting and reporting on project plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience using business analytical skills including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- At least 4 years of HR experience.
- Experience with HR business practices such as talent management, compensation, benefits, and policies.
- PMP certification.
- Experience with implementing HR software solutions.
- Experience working in a retail or healthcare setting.
- Experience working with a formal Project Management Office.
- Experience developing and maintaining SharePoint sites
Walgreens - 22 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...