Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes almost 100,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, over 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position:
Address: 6 Faneuil Hall Marketplace
City: Boston State: MA ZipCode: 02109
Title of Position: Project Manager
Under management directive, leads multi-disciplinary teams of business and technology professional staff in researching and implementing process improvements and upgrades for WinnResidential; acts as the internal consultant regarding process and system improvements; facilitates the System Life Cycle Process by providing Project Management Body of Knowledge expertise to coordinate, manage, and document small, medium, and large scale projects; and performs related duties as required.
• Directs and manages multi-disciplinary teams in the development of plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for completion of a project.
• Facilitates, plans, and implements process improvements; develops project schedules; reviews project proposal or plan to determine time requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project; arranges for assignment of project personnel; confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority; directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget; reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedule or plan as required; coordinates intra- and interdepartmental matters necessary to expedite the projects; and facilitates and troubleshoots the solution of problems associated with designing, implementing, leading, and completing projects.
• Establishes and maintains contacts with internal and external project team members to provide information, garner acceptance and support of the project, and ensure that the project meets the project owner’s needs.
• Chairs project management meetings; prepares project reports for project owners, and executive management; serves as the principal point of contact for all project related matters, responding to inquiries and providing information pertaining to the status of projects.
• Confers with management and provides technical advice on the potential impacts of the project on such areas as customer service, organization, staffing, processes, and budget and to assure smooth functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
• Provides functional supervision over office automation consultants and contractors, and supervises technical staff; coordinates the selection of project staff; evaluates performance; and provides feedback to departmental managers regarding staff performance.
• Develops policies and procedures to support process or system improvements; facilitates the development of policies and procedures to enhance process or system improvements; publishes and plans the implementation of new policies.
• Assesses the training needs of the project team and conducts specialized departmental training as needed; conducts training classes and seminars on the techniques of project management and WinnResidential project management methodology(TBD).
• Develops and prepares special surveys and information gathering tools; coordinates survey instruments; directs staff in conducting surveys; reports survey results; monitors survey success.
Qualifications/Requirements: (use bullet points to identified qualifications/requirements)
(These are specific degrees, training, certifications and skills that are required to perform the job)
• Possession of a Bachelor's degree in any field and significant professional experience in planning and developing process improvements and multi-disciplinary team(s) project management, preferably in the Property Management Industry. Experience with Yardi is a plus.
• Knowledge of: principles and practices of project management; and process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices; principles and practices of specific technical field associated with project; principles and practices of business and public administration; research, analytical, and data collection techniques; principles and practices of management, supervision, and training.
• Ability to: manage project activities and the activities of multi-disciplinary teams, establish, balance, and adjust priorities; establish and maintain effective working relationships; promote a customer-oriented approach toward meeting the needs of WinnResidential; prepare and present clear and concise oral and written communications; prepare a variety of narrative documents including policy statements, management reports, and correspondence; speak effectively before small and large groups; establish standards and evaluate performance; provide advice in the consultation to system users; establish and maintain effective working relationships with system users; and review and analyze a variety of technical review comments on projects, and recommend appropriate action; resolve operational and procedural problems and conflicts; Evidence of: Past track record of being able to work with minimal supervision; work long hours, deliver a product on time, on budget and with sensitivity to the subject matter; extensive initiative and independent judgment; and strong pro-active, positive leadership experience.
• Desirable Qualifications: Experience in the Property Management Industry; experience in the project management of information systems, development, construction, project review, development and installation of financial and budgetary systems, or other project delivery-oriented disciplines related to the company’s operations.
• Desirable Skills: Ability to identify systems problems and recommend corrective actions; coordinate and conduct remediation meetings.
• Desirable Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Intuit QuickBase, and Adobe Acrobat.
Anticipated Work Schedule:
Monday –Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.