The Project Manager runs and manages the deployment of mindSHIFT managed IT services to customers and the delivery of IT related projects. The project manager is responsible for setting and meeting deadlines, coordinating launches, and facilitating communication between the customer and internal teams. Project lifecycles typically range from short projects that may take a day to a week to complete to larger deployments that take 2 to 3 months to deliver. The Project Manager can be managing upwards of 10 deployment or projects simultaneously. Responsibilities include:
- Run complex projects/deployment from design and development to production.
- Define requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment.
- Identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Direct and oversee project engineering team and manages conflicts within group.
- Efficiently identify and solve project issues.
- Demonstrate leadership to define requirements for project risk.
- Designs and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Document project and deployment status in CRM solution and other project management tools.
- Complete administrative tasks including the sourcing and ordering of hardware, tracking of time, and entering billing details related to deployments or projects in CRM solution.
Knowledge of the following technologies preferred:
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years of project management or IT Management with proven experience coordinating and supporting IT business processes.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Scheduling and budgeting experience.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours and responsibilities.
- Be able to travel to customer sites typically within one hour of the Waltham office. Travel is around 25% of the time.
- Understanding of LAN and WAN networks and network design
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Active Directory environments
- Microsoft Exchange environments
- Microsoft OS (Server and Desktop)
- Microsoft Office
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc. - 22 months ago