Let’s Work Together
This position is based in Clifton Park, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Project Management Office
The Project Management Office follows the Project Management Institute methodology and is responsible for all aspects of every project. This includes providing project implementation, direction and control of project personnel, a framework for project communications, reporting, execution of procedural and/or contractual activity, the delivery of the scope of services, and project modification/follow-up as necessary. The PMO is responsible for the successful delivery and management of quality projects with high customer satisfaction.
The role: Project Manager
The Project Manager will be assigned to oversee a portfolio of projects at nfrastructure. These projects are typically in a solutioned state/pre start-up mode or pre-implementation phase. These Project scopes of services include all phases of Project wok (Installation of equipment, coordinating technical teams, coordinating support from maintenance technicians, fieldnetwork engineeting, and security and alarm installation support and operations. The engagements may also include more traditional project-driven services with a defined start and end date, such as a technology refresh at a customer’s locations. Most of the projects in the portfolio are driven by service level agreements (SLA’s). Penalties are associated with specific activities for failure to deliver on contractual deliverables.
The Project Manager will be required to manage the day to day operational activities of these projects across various internal functional departments within nfrastructure. The expectation is that the Project Managert will have end-to-end responsibility for successful delivery in a matrix resource environment for all of the project deliverables. The Project Manager will be required to provide weekly status reports to the Director, PMO detailing open tickets, issues, corrective actions and project statuses. The Project Manager will also be expected to set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including the customer project manager, through regular and proactively scheduled meetings. Standard project management skills, specifically those listed below, are required of this position.
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ Years Project Management experience
- Demonstrated track record for managing small to medium projects that span from minor complexity to high complexity scope.
- Ability to work with customer management team to provide status and set expectations to ensure project success.
- Proficiency in Project Management Methodologies
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of managing all project phases
- Ability to effectively and proactively manage changes in project scope
- Responsible for managing project budgets and understands and has used standard PMI-based financial formulas to analyze earned value
- Experience and success in managing service level agreements with penalties
- Experience with, or managing projects with, field-based deliverables, and practical experience with concepts such as technician utilization, ticket backlog, and workload balancing
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Experience with Service desk tool suites
- Experience with low voltage cabling and Security and Alarm systems
- Concepts of Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft Visio
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/company/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions
nfrastructure - 14 months ago