Project Manager for Information Technology needed
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 5, 2013, 10:50:35 AM
Project Manager for Information Technology needed
Essential Job Functions
- Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for medium to large sized projects of moderate complexity. Prepares statements of work for project engagements and monitors performance to ensure that project commitments meet contractual specifications. Determines need for and impact of changes in scope of project and makes recommendation based on determinations. Gains concurrence, approval, and consensus from stakeholders regarding the various project aspects, adjusts accordingly.
- Identifies appropriate resources and staffs projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as the point of contact with client project management.
- Manages costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met. Identifies need for changes and revises within established guidelines/policies as appropriate.
- Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies project risks. Develops, recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are needed and implements same.
- Manages mid-level management clients, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. Recommends and implements changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
- Develops and makes presentations that could lead to expanded business opportunities. Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to enhance opportunities for future business deals with client.
- Oversees assigned personnel for projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred
- Six or more years of project management experience
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience working with administrative processes
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
Project Management and Technical Consultation. Leads IS project teams both large and small to successful project outcomes for highly risky, complex, and visible projects. Deploy proven Project Management and IT experience, instilling credibility with internal workforce, external customers, management, and leadership. Manages IS and business relationships and represents the organization with multiple levels of stakeholders. Delivers command level briefings on the status of each project. Possess mentoring and training skills.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
MS Office, Access, Excel and Communication Skills, and/or strong number recognition. Analytical and deductive reasoning skills; Microsoft Project; Organizational skills; Client Interfacing; Verbal and written communication skills; Data Analysis, Query and Collection.
Possess or able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Clearance.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members, clients and company management
- Good human relations and leadership skills to train, guide, motivate and mentor the work of project personnel
- Basic negotiation skills to participate in new business development opportunities
- Skilled in estimating and common project management desktop tools
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to manage medium sized projects
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Willingness to travel
- Basic Qualifications:
Prefer Bachelor’s with eight (8) years related experience or twelve (12) years in lieu with H.S. Diploma.
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...