Nexius is currently hiring a Project Manager in the West Virginia area. This is a professional consulting position with Nexius’ Network Deployment Organization. Nexius provides a range of Network Deployment services that can support our customers at all stages of site development.
Provide team guidance on Project and Program Management. This position acts as a key customer interface between Clients and Customers. Primary functions include but not limited to: coordinate program functions between the Customer Vendor Management Team and other Senior Management Teams as necessary; liaison within Samsung organizations to maintain program objectives and deadlines both Operational and Financial objectives; cultivates, facilitates, and maintains working relationships with Customer management team, partners and contractors; provides strong Project and Program management leadership to Client’s deployment team’s project managers, engineers, partners and contractors. Ensures technical standards and policies are followed while providing knowledge to rapidly and accurately deploy the system while minimizing downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned while in this position either directly or through others, the incumbent)
Background/Experience to qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
- Establishes and Maintains Proper Customer/Vendor/Supplier relationships.
- Establishes and Control Project Planning, Forecast, Scheduling, Scope, Quality, Reporting and Project Leveling including Material and Human Constraints.
- Performs Financial Project Analysis.
- Creates, Maintains and Distributes Communication Plans including Project Related KPIs, Operational, Budgetary and Financial.
- Performs Risk Assessments and create Risk Mitigation Plans periodically.
- Manages daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings and maintains program direction and assists with open issues, and resolution plans.
- Coordinates action plans for issue resolution as needed for internal and external program impacts.
- Develops and institute Program changes on various projects as needed.
- Guides Project Managers while providing oversight for reporting structures, resources and ensures the program positive bearing is held.
- Provides feedback, coaching, and mentoring to Project direct reports.
- Performs Demand Management Functions to properly staff project/program.
- Responsible for interviewing/hiring and team building.
- P&L responsibility, cost control and forecasting.
- Establishes milestone forecasting and driving Project Execution.
- Must have knowledge managing full Turn key projects including RF, SAS, CM, IC and Maintenance.
- Must be able to manage a team of 50-100 employees.
Necessary Skills/Attributes for this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- A minimum of 8-15 years experience in project or program management. Direct customer contact in a telecommunications environment.
- Project Management experience in Telecom Industry rolling out Telecom Networks.
- Experience managing individual contributors; including technical/professional management, program management, and engineering disciplines.
- Experience in researching and resolving customer contracts and program issues.
- Experience in developing reports using a variety of PC applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, Visio, Power Point, Excel, and MS Project.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- PMP and PGMP Certifications or equivalent.
- Excellent Leadership skills.
- Excellent Planning, Interpersonal, Communication, and Negotiation skills.
- Excellent Financial Knowledge.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels for both internal and external business associations.
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- The ability to read, interpret, and act on proper understanding of technical documents, procedural guides, product reference manuals, engineering change notices, or related documents.
- Perform Demand Management functions to guarantee proper project staff level.
- The ability to work independently in determining ones personal work schedule to be productive.
- Ability to work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames.
- The ability to accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems.
- The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others.
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- The position exists in a very high pressure environment and must be able to work well under stress.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 75% of work time, including their use for prolonged periods of time.
Nexius - 17 months ago