This is a project position with an anticipated length of 2 years.
The Project Social Media Marketing Coordinator will report directly into the College Sports Marketing team, with a dotted line relationship to the Social Media Marketing team. S/he will be responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of social media marketing strategies for the College GameDay Football and ESPN Home Court of College Hoops brands.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Manage the day-to-day engagement efforts on the College GameDay Football Facebook page, Twitter feed and YouTube Channel. During college basketball season, manage the day-to-day for the ESPN Home Court of College Hoops Facebook page and Twitter feed. This includes strategy, planning, scheduling, and implementation.
- Collaborate with the College Sports Marketing team on leveraging social media to enhance integrated marketing plans and execute/implement these plans.
- Collaborate with Programming, Production, Digital Media, Communications, and other departments on developing and executing cross-company college football and college basketball social strategy.
- Consistently report on metrics of College GameDay Football and ESPN Home Court of College Hoops Facebook/Twitter initiatives and further establish KPIs that define social media success.
- Assist in working with agencies on the creative development and implementation process for social media strategies/tactics.
- Constantly survey the social media landscape for the latest trends and opportunities.
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of sports, specifically college football and college basketball
- Understanding of consumer brand and marketing strategy
- Demonstrated high aptitude of social media technologies
- Willingness to travel between New York and Bristol
- Entrepreneurial drive and focus
- Passionate curiosity about social media and the latest industry trends
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in teams
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing business demands
- Desire or proven ability to work in the real-time Web environment
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...