Posting Title Project NEE Internship Opportunity About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China. Job Description Responsibilities:
Candidates must be able to identify requirements, develop user models, design and prototype user interfaces for interaction, develop and maintain user interface specifications and guidelines, communicate with both development teams as well as product management to explain user interface designs, and resolve design trade-offs and implementation issues.
- Must love the challenge of quickly distilling complex problems into clean, simple design solutions.
- Ability to efficiently create clear wireframes, comps and mock-ups in Photoshop, Visio, Balsamic and HTML or equivalent tools.
- Must be patient and flexible enough to work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity and ability to implement popular web focused technologies and frameworks such as: CSS, SASS or LESS, and HTML5.
- Familiarity with popular web focused libraries and frameworks such as: JQuery, JQuery UI, Bootstrap and/or similar technologies. Not required but desirable is the ability to implement these technologies.
Requisition Number 37653BR
- Portfolio of recent work available for review; preferably online.
- Skilled with any of the following: Adobe Fireworks and Illustrator; Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; and other comparable tools.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Human factors design experience ( interaction design and visual design)
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field desired Location Palo Alto, CA, US
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...