Project Planning Analyst
Business Analyst - Global Medical Writing
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Medical Writing department at ICON, a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries.
As a business analyst, you will be responsible for managing the operational information that drives efficiencies and financial success within this group.
Overview of the Role
You will have oversight and management of the global resourcing activities to make sure we can report on utilization and plan for future resource needs effectively. You will also have responsibility to compile and review the financials verses actuals for the EU work in the department. Looking at where change orders need to be raised, where we have over allocated resources and generally giving input to the management of the operational side to achieve success. This position reports into the Senior Manager, Medical Writing in the UK.
- Coordinate, produce and manage the global resourcing for the group.
- Prepare and discuss the financial targets for the group with the management group.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Medical Writing with all other management tasks as required.
- Support Business Development activities where needed.
- Ensure that forecasts and budgets are presently timely and accurately to the leadership group.
- Additional projects as required.
With a background in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with good awareness of Medical writing and or business operations, you will also have:
- Direct experience in pulling together data and managing data to drive efficiencies.
- An understanding or previous association with projects or activities which involved medical writing.
- Excellent data skills and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully and positively interact and liaise successfully with all levels of staff at ICON, vendors, and clients.
Benefits of Working in ICON
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package.
This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success.
We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Clinical - Operations
13/Nov/13, 9:43:54 PM
ICON Clinical Research - 16 months ago
Contract research organization (CRO) ICON is not iconic yet, but it would like to be. By the time a new drug hits the market, it has passed...