This position reports to the Senior Director, Operations, and is responsible for the management of a large sub-set of projects and/or programs undertaken by TriTech or division in a manner that ensures their alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives.
The Project Portfolio Manager may interact with senior managers, executives, and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for an organization. May also be responsible for the organization-wide integration of consistent project management methodologies and terminology.
The Project Portfolio Manager must ensure successful implementation of a portfolio of projects and tasks that are performed and managed by the Project Management staff. This person will be responsible for supervision of a group of Project Managers.
The Project Portfolio Manager is expected to monitor and manage accuracy of project timelines, tasks, milestones, resource requirements, costs, risks and execution, as well as completion of specific projects within their portfolio. The Project Portfolio Manager is also responsible for monitoring the portfolio of projects and tasks that are assigned to his/her staff and ensure that the revenue and profitability goals for the company are met, and projects are implemented consistent with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Project Portfolio Manager provides regular written and statistical reports to the Sr. Director, Operations, Vice President of Operations, and the Executive team. The Project Portfolio Manager will ensure that assigned staff follow the processes, procedures, and guidelines set forth by the Inform Operations Management office.
The Project Portfolio Manager is responsible for the supervision, mentoring, training and discipline of assigned personnel.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Project Portfolio Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage the portfolio using established portfolio management processes in collaboration with the Inform Operations management and the stakeholders for the purpose of continuously reviewing, updating, and optimizing the portfolio and ensuring compliance with changing organizational strategies, goals and objectives.
• Monitor the portfolio by reviewing key performance indicators in order to address performance issues and maintain alignment with the organization's strategic business goals.
• Provide subject matter expertise in areas including task and project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and project documentation.
• Monitor project revenue and cost and ensure that the company revenue and profitability goals are met.
• Supports staff in the definition and execution of project tasks and development of plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Under the direction of the Director of Program Management, participate in development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for the Project Management team.
• Assist, mentor, and evaluate personnel to ensure that the processes and procedures are followed.
• Ensures successful completion of the tasks and the projects on time, on budget and within the defined scope.
• Provide regular reports to applicable Managers and the Executive team.
• Audit, monitor and lead correction process to ensure project and resource data is maintained consistently in accordance with standards and methodologies.
• Be a part of the overall Program Management team and contribute to the collective leadership of the work of the team.
• Present and facilitate project portfolio status and ensure control and escalate issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally and with Clients and vendors.
• Ensure that their portfolio of projects meet the revenue and profitability goals of the department.
• Engage in negotiation for new and existing projects as necessary.
• Risk identification and management.
• May be asked to undertake other duties outside of this description that are appropriate with their grade and experience.
• Liaise with other departments and corporate functions such as sales and PdM.
• Determine and communicate the resource prioritization process using appropriate criteria (e.g., dependencies, resource capacity and capability, technology) in order to sequence portfolio components.
• Establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the projects.
• Listens intently to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them.
• Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
• Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
• Travel domestically and internationally as required. (Typically between 30%-50%)
• Other assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Between 7 and 12 years Project, Program or Project Portfolio Management experience required.
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory and team management experience.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of task and project management, as well as Project Management techniques and tools.
• Proven experience in personnel management.
• Proven experience in risk management.
• Ability to report on multiple projects and be proactive and solution-oriented.
• Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy and professionalism.
• Ability to identify issues and risk before they impact the portfolio(s) and assist in issues resolution.
• Attention to details.
• Must operate with a high degree of professionalism, respect and a positive attitude.
• Self-starter, demonstrating personal initiative.
• Excellent verbal, human relations, and written communication skills.
• Strong teamwork, leadership, negotiation and collaboration skills.
• Full proficiency with MS Project, Word and Excel.
• Public Safety experience in the implementation of CAD and Mobile products a plus.
• BA. or BS. degree required
• PMP certification strongly desired
TriTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V
TriTech Software Systems - 10 months ago