Barnes Aerospace – Lansing, MI location is currently seeking a Project Process Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the manufacturing processes for long term production support. You will also assist the Operations groups in meeting the technical, quality, and delivery requirements of the customer. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded individual seeking an exciting growth opportunity, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Oversee the application of all engineering support activities in the preparation and production of customer parts.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of the outside service and design staff as required to meet timelines
- Ensure that all manufacturing special processes (welding, heat treat, brazing, vacuum furnace, chem mill, NDT, laser, EDM) and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental standards.
- Ensure that all manufacturing special processes produce the highest quality and most cost effective parts.
- Assist in responding to RFQ’s.
- Provide the necessary technical support to sales, manufacturing and quality activities.
- Assist with the development of new manufacturing processes and the revision of existing processes to facilitate the improve manufacturing of parts.
- Keep current on manufacturing technologies, plant layout, inspection and processes
- Support company policy, procedures, and safety policies.
- Provide engineering support for the manufacturing of products..
- Work with Engineering Manager on implementation of new/revised policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3yrs of aerospace industry experience preferred in complex manufacturing operations; machining, forming, welding, brazing, assembly and heat treat of aerospace products.
- 2 years project leadership preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience and Six Sigma Black Belt Cert. preferred.
- Proven track record of scheduling and organizing people and time effectively in order to complete assigned functions.
- Proficient at reading, analyzing and interpreting aerospace specifications procedures and standards.
- Proficient with computer systems including office software, Auotcad and ERP systems.
- BS Degree Engineering discipline required from an accredited university.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 19 months ago