Job Title: Project Scheduler
Location: Washington, DC (near L’Enfant Plaza Metro)
Type: Full-Time Position. Exempt.
Compensation: $75,000 - $100,000 salary (commensurate with experience). Full benefits offered.
SDSE has a Project Scheduler opening with the Office of Human Capital at the U.S. Department of Energy located in Washington, DC. This position reports to the Program Manager. The purpose of this position is to support the Core Team with developing, tracking, and maintaining the project schedule for a Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) implementation project.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serves as the lead for the development and maintenance of the HRSD Initiative project plan and schedule. Works with the project manager and Core Team to understand project scope and key deliverables and documents the deliverable schedule within the project plan.
- Serves as the day-to-day manager of the project schedule for the HRSD project; contributes to workgroup schedules; enters all project tasks into Microsoft Project and maintains accurate and up to date project schedule; prepares custom project schedule reports quickly.
- Providing technical advice and expertise related to scheduling, planning, and risk management, e.g., developing detailed “what-if” schedules as requested by the Project manager and/or as necessary communicates options to the project team, identifies critical path elements and associated logic driven options.
- Prepare weekly/monthly schedule updates and narratives for Project manager; assists in identifying critical issues that may impact project timeline; evaluates risks to project schedule and develops proposals to mitigate indentified risks to ensure project milestones are met; anticipates potential problems and notifies Project manager on possible impact to project schedule; works with Workgroup leads to modify schedule as needed.
- Builds and maintains relationship with the workgroup leads; serves as the primary internal contact project schedules and milestones, coordinates communication between the various workgroups to ensure information sharing and awareness of deliverables for inter-related tasks; identifies and recommends opportunities for collaboration among workgroups and workgroup leads; assists in evaluating workgroup deliverables for completeness and accuracy.
- Contributes to data analysis and planning necessary to execute the HRSD Initiative; provides analytical support to the Core Team in helping to document the “As-Is” state of the current HR servicing model; contributes to the analysis evaluation criteria necessary to transition to the “To-Be” HR service model.
- Provides facilitation support to Core Team and workgroups supporting mutual understanding of project scope and timeline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a focus on business or similar discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in regards to planning, implementing, and supporting project/program schedules to ensure successful mission and/or project completion.
- Ability to work with a dynamic set of requirements that have the potential to change daily and require flexibility in responding to the needs of the HRSD project manager and Core Team in support of executing project schedules and milestones.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Project and project management lifecycle and project controls.
- Experience in developing and maintaining multi-level project schedules for large complex projects with multiple sub-group/task leads. Ability to react to change efficiently, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholder groups; strong communicator with the ability to take the initiative without significant oversight and have the ability to interface and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Experience in identifying and evaluating project risk; ability to evaluate the impact of identified risks on project schedule and recommend mitigation strategies to maintain project timelines.
- Experience in developing project schedules with an ability to effectively and succinctly communicate key milestones and critical actions to various stakeholder groups, especially the executive level. Ability to develop written materials, develop presentation material and responses to defend, clarify, negotiate and justify recommendations, and skill in conducting oral presentations.
- An understanding of HR functions and federal HR process and procedures.
- Experience in facilitation techniques and an ability to lead group discussion to a mutually agreed upon conclusion or resolution.
- Knowledge wtih the application of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of complex management processes and systems.
- Purpose of the work is to relieve the HRSD project manager and Core Team of the day to day management of the HRSD project schedule. The work affects the accuracy and reliability and timeliness of the HRSD initiative. The position(s) are front-line support for a Secretarial initiative, and as such reflect the overall image and capability of the organization.
- Personal contacts are generally with all levels of employees, executives, supervisors, managers, administrative staffs and the public. Contacts are to exchange and obtain information about assignments to complete the work and to provide information to employees and outside callers.
- Ability to contribute to project management and communicate project status with stakeholders effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE provides award-winning professional services that deliver effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful. SDSE has a proven record of enhancing government and business operations within the core competencies of: Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services.
SDSE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and believes that diversity in the workplace is key to the success of a growing business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
SDSE - 6 months ago
Greeley and Hansen
Greeley and Hansen
- 1 hour ago
Fort Meade, MD
- 3 days ago
Eagle Ray Inc
Eagle Ray Inc
- 7 days ago