Within Shell Projects & Technology, our Project & Engineering Services provide specialist engineering services such as structural engineering for offshore installations, reliability studies for the refineries, instrumentation control advice for process engineering and planning expertise for the project world. Our project teams deploy effective technology to reduce engineering design hours and achieve flawless start-up and operation, as well as continually increase capability by developing people and driving global policy.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions.
We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world.
If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell.
We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life.
Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
Depending on the development phase of the project, accountabilities can be summarized as follows:
- Establish and implement the project controls process and system
- Provide the Project with the list of plans required to execute the project and their hierarchy relationship
- Develop the cost management procedures
- Develop the planning and progress monitoring procedures
- Provide project management support in the development of cost breakdown structures, estimates, records and forecasts for the timely submission into the investment documentation, the annual corporate planning cycle or partner cash calling submissions
- Provide project management support in the development of the work breakdown structure, activities, logic, resources and progress of the integrated project schedule, i.e. baseline
- Develop Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates for the project in line with the company guidance
- Provide the Project Manager with accurate monthly cost reports
- Provide the Project Manager with monthly progress updates, forecast completions, together with the critical path and trend analyses
- Develop contract pricing and administration instructions for alignment with the cost breakdown structure, bid evaluations and company counter estimates to support contract award recommendations
- Develop the contract key dates,milestones and Company plan dates for alignment with the overall integrated plan, in evaluating bid schedules and in reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations
- Apply probabilistic techniques to determine and communicate the possible range of cost and schedule outcomes for the project
- Analysis of trends that offer early warning of any deviations
- Review scope change requests for the total installed cost & schedule impact
- Prepare reconciliations between earlier cost estimates and the current cost forecast
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as Project Services Manager or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 years industry experience in project services management positions
- Experience in managing multi discipline teams of senior project services personnel
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications
Friday 29 March 2013
Number of Vacancies
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our
policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 2 years ago
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...