The Project Specialist I is an entry-level position responsible to provide support to staff and team members on special projects from the standpoint of training, support, methodology, and documentation. D evelop schedules for both proposal inclusion and ongoing project/program development. May facilitate the development of departmental and divisional projects including project definition and scope, deliverables, risk assessment, project tracking, and status reporting.
In relation to the responsibilities of a Project Specialist I, a project is defined as a one-time endeavor with an established end date, and the Project Specialist I serves as a resource assigned to support the project, to meet the project requirements and to achieve the project deliverables.
Position may specialize in functional areas, such as Information Technology or Laboratory, which may require additional specific skill and experience.
This position works under the direction of the Division Manager, a Project Manager, or the Project Management Office.
1. Supports department staff in project management activities.
2. Assists in the planning and implementation of small and medium projects with oversight.
3. Supports aspects of complex projects as requested.
4. Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts to conduct data analysis and risk assessments in relation to compliance with established procedures.
5. Presents analysis results to managers, the Project Management Office, or senior management.
6. Coordinates communications as warranted by project scope.
7. Tracks proposed projects and track and resolve issues related to the proposed projects.
8. Functions as liaison with internal customers on proposed projects.
9. Ensures that proper processes are being followed and assist in establishing new processes as required.
10. IT Specialists may also require
· Supports ARUP developed and purchased software products
· Additional training and support for specific IT applications, interfaces, or systems
· New version testing
· Various IT administrative duties
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business Management, or equivalent
· Minimum two years in business or operations
· At least one year experience in project management, project implementation, or project planning
- IT Specialists may require one year computer, PC and/or Mainframe, or related experience in IT systems and software development
- Lab Specialists may require one year laboratory or related experience
· Experience in various software applications including the following:
- @Task or other Project Management Software
- MS Office 2003+, including Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Computer aided simulation, process modeling software
- IT Project Specialists may require additional specific IT hardware and software experience, depending on the nature of the IT projects
Physical and other requirements
· Demonstrated ability to initiate and track complex issues and projects to completion
· Demonstrated experience with computerized systems, database management, and spreadsheet and word processing programs to manipulate data and create reports
· Ability to organize work, meet deadlines, and work under stressful conditions
· Ability to set priorities and be flexible as demands and priorities change
· Ability to keep records and to maintain records in a neat and orderly fashion
· Self starter with strong attention to detail
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work well as a team member and foster positive relationships with coworkers
· Ability to communicate fluently in English, both orally and written
This position reports to the CRM Manager and is responsible for performing business analyst and release management tasks for the CRM system. The ideal candidate has Salesforce CRM experience and is enthusiastic about implementing solutions to business challenges utilizing the CRM functionality.
ARUP Laboratories - 20 months ago
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...