Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 9.4 billion in 2010. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 22,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets.
Alcon currently has an opening for a Project Specialist in Johns Creek, GA. The Project Specialist will organize and manage projects of medium to large scope to provide business solutions. Provide the project team with direction and maintain control of progress, quality and budget.
Major accountabilities include:
Alcon is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. Minimum requirements Education: BS/BA in related discipline or relevant work experience.
- Partner with the various business functions - understand their business drivers, the dependencies and linkage between systems, processes and projects
- Align project expectations between all business owners.
- Determine resources (internal and external) required for completion of projects as expected.
- Prepare and manage detail project plans.
- Manage and represent the project from start-up to completion.
- Provide the project team staff with direction and assist in resolution of issues and obstacles.
- Be responsible for achieving the project objectives.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Manage quality, timeliness and cost of the deliverables.
- Maintain control over the project's status and budget.
- Report project status and issues, where help is needed, to the Steering Committee.
Experience: 3-5 years managing projects or managing a specific (IT or Business function of a large project. Related business experience (3-5 years) working on software projects or business process improvements.
Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing and related support functions.
As an Alcon associate, you are expected to know, understand, and comply with all applicable safety and health standards and rules.
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...