Ensure the highest quality of cleaning and maintenance of the public areas throughout the hotel.
30% Sweep and mop the designated areas and corridors, polish floors to the highest possible shine, shampoo, extract and/or spot clean all public area carpets. Cleans ceiling chandeliers and/or other ceiling fixtures as scheduled.
10% Become familiar with proper procedures and equipment/supplies as well as all applicable safety policies.
10% Maintain at all times a neat and clean professional appearance and attitude.
20% Strip and wax all tile floors to maintain the best possible appearance and to prolong the life of the tile
10% Clean all public area windows, clean designated back-of-house corridors, guest elevators, tracks and stairs, vacuum all public area carpet to maintain the best possible appearance and to prolong the life of the carpet.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Biltmore rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Follow hotel safety standards.
• Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required.
Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Biltmore standards.