The Health Program Health Policy and Research (HPR) group at the American Institutes for Research is currently seeking an Project Support Assistant for our Washington, DC office. HPR specializes in research, evaluation, policy analysis, measurement, performance management, and technical assistance in the areas of health services organization, quality of care, quality of life, consumer engagement, health communication, and financing and cost of care. HPR’s major clients include the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), private foundations, and state governments.
The Project Support Assistant will work on administrative support tasks and on project support work:
1. Provide administrative support to staff in the Washington, DC office, as well as other locations as required, on HPR projects including scheduling meetings, making meeting/travel arrangements, maintaining schedules and team calendars, note taking for internal meetings, filing, managing document collections, with the possibility of additional administrative responsibilities. Serve as an IT liaison, ensuring that IT problems are resolved as needed and providing remote support for IT as required.
2. Provide project support on HPR projects including:
a) Assisting with data collection through note taking for focus groups and interviews, or data entry for surveys.
b) Providing support for tasks such as managing project budgets and schedules, interacting with clients by scheduling conference calls and meetings, assisting with participant recruitment and documentation tasks, arranging support services such as transcription, proofreading and editing of documents, and document production and distribution.
1. BA or BS degree and 0-2 years of administrative experience – preferably in a health-related field/environment
2. Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and excellent typing skill
3. Excellent interpersonal skills
4. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
5. Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines
6. Strong attention to detail
7. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
American Institutes for Research - 17 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...