1. Meet with Survey Director and confirm daily work schedule.
2. Complete Survey schedule to assure surveys are completed on-time. Coordinate newly
scheduled surveys into schedule.
3. Verify that survey staff maintains proper documentation necessary for change orders, field
notebooks, time sheets, project records, vehicle operation and maintenance records.
4. Communicates procedural changes to field personnel.
5. Analyze labor and material cost variances in your section, re: improving production.
6. Maintain assigned equipment. Report any malfunctions or any survey equipment that needs
repaired. Maintain company vehicle.
7. Review work before submittal, including notes and electronic files. Answer any questions for
Survey & Mapping Technician.
8. Coordinate with other personnel to resolve conflicts in production related to skill level or
9. Review and approve time cards for the reporting staff.
10. Train assigned technicians on procedures and techniques that optimize production.
11. Train technicians on how to improve their interpersonal/team skills.
12. Train technicians how to budget their own portion of production successfully
13. Complete any other duties assigned by the Surveyor Director.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
1. Education - BS in Surveying or related field. Current certification as a Land Surveyor in Training (or able
to obtain same within 6 months).
2. Experience - This position requires a minimum of three years of experience in boundary, topographic
and construction surveys, design surveys, subdivision plats, ALTA/ACSM surveys, water rights surveys,
horizontal and vertical control networks for aerial and GPS surveys.
3. Must be proficient in the use of computers and CAD, Trimble Geomatics Office, GPS Total Station,
Robotics, AutoCAD and Land Development Desktop.
4. Must have strong organizational skills to
Absolute Consulting - 11 months ago