Learn about the promotions process of WGN-TV, CLTV and Antenna TV. Get experience in promotions, special events marketing and public relations. Candidate must be organized and possess good interpersonal and typing skills. Proficiency in Word and Excel required; WordPress experience a plus!
Promotions/Marketing Internship Responsibilities:
To assist the Regional Director of Sponsorship Solutions in the following areas:
* Promotions and Special Events Marketing
- Help implement station promotions and special events from inception to conclusion (generate rules, fulfillment of winners, update contest calendar)
- Draft copy for news explaining and/or promoting events
- Work on ‘texting’ promotions and alerts
- Some ‘idea generation’ re: generating revenue tied to on-air promotions; writing up sales pitches
* Community Events
- Assist in organizing events such as Back to School Kids Fair (Aug) and Drive Thru Toy Drive (Dec)
- Help implement community events and monetize for WGN-TV
- Be present at events and help wherever and however necessary
* Public Relations -- Internal and External Communications (EXAMPLES)
- Press relations: draft releases for ratings releases, programming, sports, news specials, new hires, etc.
- Maintain correspondence with viewers (ie: photo requests for speaking engagements, etc.)
- Maintain PR files (ie: updating bios, company history, etc.)
- Field phone calls
* Social Media Outreach
- Update text alerts, new and sales related initiatives
- Clip video from segments to for clients & station purposes
You may also have the opportunity to…
- Engage our audience and encourage user-generated content, photos, videos and more. Update, promote and publicize our WGN content across various social networks.
- Help increase our profile on external social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and more.
* Skills evaluated
- Quick learner, requires minimal supervision, works well under pressure, demonstrates initiative, organized and highly detail oriented, reliable, punctual, strong administrative skills (must know Word/Excel).
* Additional Information
- Internships last for approximately 13 weeks and can be evaluated for class credit.
- Hours: Approx 20-24+ hours per week preferred.
- Interns are unpaid but given a transportation stipend of $30 weekly.
- Interns must be a junior or senior majoring in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer
* Send resumes to:
TRIBUNE CREATIVE GROUP/ CENTRAL U.S.
Director, Sponsorship Solutions
2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618
| 773.883.3412 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Interns are considered trainees and not employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1973.
Tribune Company - 2 years ago