Promotions Manager I-MAR000398
This position is responsible for defining, leading, and managing U.S. Cellular’s national, enterprise-wide pricing and
promotional strategies and initiatives, driving annual objectives of over 1M activations and over $200M in revenues.
Through an integrated perspective of strategy, organization, operations, and analysis, the candidate will champion
highly visible projects that will impact the direction and performance of the company and will optimize the
competing priorities of customer acquisition, revenue growth, profitability, and consistency across customer
segments (post-pay vs. pre-pay and consumer vs. B2B), channels, market geographies (local vs. regional vs.
national), and marketing teams.
This individual will participate in the development and implementation of complex marketing initiatives that cross
several marketing functions, including acquisition, retention, and product-focused programs. As this position is
viewed as a key integrator of marketing, financial, and operational objectives, this candidate will ensure that Pricing
and Promotion strategies are coherent and integrated across multiple segments, products, channels, and
geographies. As such, the candidate will create plans and lead efforts that are both strategic and tactical to ensure
excellence as continued business growth is pursued.
In addition to the longer-term, strategic aspect of the role, the candidate will have tactical, day-to-day operational
and implementation responsibilities which include an array of activities from resolving system or billing issues,
supporting pricing/promotional enhancements or local promotional events, driving key analytical efforts, enhancing
the integration between acquisition team with other marketing/operational teams, and improving the reporting and
measuring of pricing and promotion program effectiveness.
- Plan, develop, and direct the launch and implementation of national pricing and promotions
programs/initiatives by working closely with Field Marketing, Regional Finance, Advertising,
Customer Service, Sales Operations, Operations Integration, Regional Customer Acquisition,
Legal, and other key functional teams to meet key business objectives
- Provide cross-functional leadership or guidance in the design of pricing and promotional
strategies, tactics, and policies for U.S. Cellular’s customer segment (acquisition and retention)
and product teams
- Create and manage a national promotional calendar aligned with customer buying behaviors and
balanced across customer acquisition, segment, and product objectives; lead the facilitation and
negotiation of promotional planning sessions to ensure that promotions are defined and delivered
on a timely basis
- Define and manage promotion development and implementation activities, timelines, reviews, and approvals
- Facilitate with Regional Customer Acquisition and Finance Teams the analysis and management of
pricing and promotional analysis and profitability at both regional and company-wide levels
- Track and understand the effects of pricing and promotions programs to ensure that the
corporate objectives are met and to baseline, measure, analyze, and report performance against key
- Conduct extensive customer, industry, competitive, market, product, geographic, segment, channel, and price
elasticity analysis to identify and address potential gaps between pricing and promotional portfolios and
- Determine pricing of promotional phone and coordinate with Device Management & Logistics
team on inventory availability and reliability
- Explore new business partnerships and alliances that will increase penetration and success for promotional
- Ensure all pricing and promotional value propositions, tactics, and messaging are consistent and
integrated with overall marketing and channel strategies; develop pricing and promotional analysis
and sensitivity models to derive the implications on acquisition strategy, marketing activities, and operational
- Form hypotheses and synthesize fact-based conclusions into recommendations including preparing and
delivering comprehensive business cases to executive management
- Demonstrate strong leadership and significant influence management skills to gain credibility with and drive
decision-making from senior management and stakeholders across the enterprise
- Evaluate, develop, implement, test, and execute pricing and promotional programs/overlays to achieve overall
acquisition targets and launch efforts into new opportunities
- Streamline processes where possible such as creating standard analysis, reporting tools, metrics, sales tools,
etc. and defining standard review and approval processes and criteria for non-standard pricing and promotional
proposals, bids, and RFPs/RFQs
- Partner with marketing, regional, and operational teams to define the long-term roadmap and requirements for
pricing and promotional features and functionality that need to be supported by company systems and
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Marketing, Finance, or a related area preferred; MBA
or graduate level degree in a related field is a plus.
- 7-9 years business experience, with an emphasis in either marketing, pricing or promotional leadership roles,
or financial/statistical modeling; wireless or consumer goods industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent strategy development, marketing, financial, analytical, critical-thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project planning and management skills are a must; ability to break down complex problems into
manageable goals is required.
- Significant experience leading cross-functional development teams and large-scale initiatives; ability to lead
cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Solid oral and written communications skills, including experience making presentations to senior
management; Solid negotiation and meeting facilitation skills; significant experience dealing with and leading
diverse teams of individuals and varying levels within the organization; demonstrated leadership where team
members are not direct reports.
- Attention to detail and ability to think both globally and tactically.
- Ability to be a mature leader who can set and/or implement strategy and a course of action. The ability to hold
associates accountable for performance is required.
- Significant proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project essential).
Job : Marketing
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular - 8 months ago
United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone service to...