PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Valid state driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle required.
- Writes all traffic/production orders for promotional inventory.
- Schedules all talent appearances and live remotes.
- Ensures that all on-air promotions have proper paperwork and CBS legal approval, inclusive of adequate contest rules, contractual agreements and sponsorship agreements.
- Maintains the station event calendar.
- Coordinates sales and station promotional activity outside the station
- Prepares purchase orders and P&L statements for events – obtain management and legal signatures for each PO and P&L.
- Plan and execute assigned events, promotional activities and special projects; coordinate all aspects of events including vehicles and equipment; prizes/giveaways; signage; website development; print advertising and the physical appearance; attend the events to manage on-site execution.
- Prepare recaps of all events including timeline, promos, on-air activity, communication to staff and listeners, event specifics, location, logistics, results and station ‘credit’ from listeners and advertisers.
- Look for additional opportunities where station(s) may grow in the area of visibility, revenue and community service.
- Supervise and manage promotions coordinator and/or part time promotional staff.
- Other marketing/promotional dept duties as assigned by Marketing Director.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Required Skills/Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years in similar role in the media industry inclusive of managing special events. Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and Adobe required as well as strong organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines. Exceptional communication skills required as well as 4 year degree in marketing, advertising or a related field. Job Status Full Time
CBS Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, the #1...