Use your solid command of the English language to ensure every client project is buttoned-up, with all t’s crossed and i’s dotted.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Years of Relevant Experience
- Proofread materials including copy decks, layouts (websites, emails, banner ads, etc), internal communications, new business pitch decks, stationary, etc.
- Thoroughly examine all documents for text variance, style and deviations from the master copy.
- Review documents of both standard and moderately technical nature for grammatical, mathematical, typographical, and compositional errors.
- Schedule, track, process and perform quality assurance of documents in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Perform cold reads of diverse content to ensure grammar consistency, accuracy and adherence to specifications
- Understand client & internal branding rules, update styles sheet as needed and be a style guide expert.
- Act as a resource for all questions on branding, style, tone/voice, formating, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
4-5 years of solid proofreading experience
Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- 3+ years’ experience as a professional proofreader for a publication, website or marketing/advertising agency; experience in the online arena preferred
- Must have basic knowledge of proofing marks and procedures..
- Experience proofing many format types – i.e. Word documents, screenshots, PDF’s, flash files, static web banners, email campaigns, and web URL’s.
- Accuracy and speed in proofreading detailed material
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Top-notch organizational and follow-through skills
- Independent thinker and problem-solver, with strong ability to manage projects and time
- Receptive of feedback from supervisor and able to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances and prioritize tasks