The Proofreader reviews the content of creative work for accuracy, including but not limited to: typographical errors, spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, client terminology and nomenclature, phone numbers and basic facts.
- Proofreads and suggests editing corrections for copy decks, scripts, layouts, storyboards, dummies, new business documents, mechanicals, direct mail pieces, screen grabs, websites, web banners, iMedia, videos, and other materials during all phases of advertising projects.
- Reviews copy from copywriters. Makes corrections and provides editorial suggestions.
- Ensures consistency within a project and across multiple projects.
- Verifies changes requested by others, and makes corrections when appropriate.
- Verifies phone numbers and website addresses.
- Creates and reviews “as-produced” scripts for changes made in editorial sessions.
- Keeps calm under pressure and can prioritize and juggle projects to accommodate workload.
The ideal candidate must have excellent written communication skills including a command of grammatical rules and familiarity with referencing style guides. Candidate must also have the flexibility to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related field is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work extended hours, including weekends, as required.
- Proficient with Internet and e-mail applications, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Team One - 16 months ago