The Proofreader reads documents of both standard and moderately technical nature in order to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, mathematical, typographical or compositional errors; adhering to formatting standards utilizing generally accepted proofing marks and the use of standard reference resources.
- Proofread documents for errors in typing, spelling, syntax and form
- Manually red/blackline documents when requested to do so
- Act as a resource for all questions on grammar, spelling, current usage
- Maintain knowledge of current formats and citation protocols as found in The Chicago Manual of Style
- Schedule, track, process and perform quality assurance of documents in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Use job tracking software to log in and out of all tasks assigned
Williams Lea offers an exciting and supportive business environment. We develop our people and reward their contribution. We work with openness and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree or some college coursework required, preferably in English, Journalism, or other related field
- Previous experience in editing, proofing documents required. Must have basic knowledge of proofing marks and procedures
- Prior work experience in a legal environment preferred. Familiarity with legal terminology, legal language, and variety of citation and brief formats used in legal work required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate questions and/or suggestions to client
- Solid knowledge of English grammar
- Foreign languages (Spanish, French, German) exposure helpful, but not required
- Skill and efficiency in use of reference resources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Williams Lea - 10 months ago
Deutsche Post has outgrown its mailbox origins. Doing business as Deutsche Post DHL, the company divides its operations between delivering t...