**We are looking for an experienced claims representative to join our Property, Auto, Liability Claims team. The ideal candidate will have between two and four years of experience handling casualty claims in Illinois and Wisconsin. To learn more, please view the description below and apply if interested.**
Resolves claims on multiple lines of coverage by investigating losses; negotiating out-of-court settlements in accordance with departmental and company guidelines and standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Serves customers by providing product and service information; resolving product and service problems.
- Determines insurance coverage by examining claim forms, policies, and other records; interviewing claimant, insureds, and witnesses; consulting police and hospital records; inspecting auto and/or property damage; consulting with experts when appropriate on multiple lines of coverage.
- Resolves questionable claims by investigating claim; comparing claims information with evidence.
- Settles claims by determining insurance carrier’s liability; reaching agreement with claimant according to policy provisions and authority level; handling mediations, arbitrations, and subrogation within authority level; accepting phone releases on losses less than $5,000.
- Is involved with litigation by analyzing negotiated settlement options; evaluating evidence.
- Ensures company guidelines and procedures are followed by overseeing the Independent Adjusters during investigations; overseeing the Attorney in the handling of discovery and settlement.
- Ensures proper file documentation of assigned files by complying with company and state requirements.
- Prepares inter-office reports for line supervisor by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing claim information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending continuing education classes and courses.
- Contributes to team effort by participating on catastrophe teams; participating in determining department investigation guidelines; providing feedback to underwriting as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Familiarity with computers including word processing, Internet, and e-mail software.
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record as determined by Society Insurance.
- Previous claims experience.
Society Insurance - 14 months ago
Society Insurance is a mid-sized, commercial lines insurance company located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. We are...