Under moderate supervision, provides and delivers claims adjusting services for property and casualty claims in the Portland area.
- Investigate coverage, liability, compensability and damages
- Investigate claims, establish claim reserves, handle evidence, obtain and interpret official reports, medical reports and claim forms
- Negotiates and settles claims by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants.
- May present evidence at legal proceedings.
- Provide filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage and pursuing subrogation
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by the client
- Respond before, after and during work hours to emergency on site claim investigations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education
- Maintain high work product quality by complying with service standards and internal quality control standards
- Minimum 2 years insurance adjusting experience with experience in casualty and property claims
- Licensing as required by state and local jurisdictions
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- In-depth knowledge of policy language and insurance practices
- Strong negotiating skills in multiple lines of business
- Good analytical ability and mathematical aptitude
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating software
- College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
Crawford & Company - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard