Work Location: Fort Worth,TX (located near theDFWAirport)
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Property & Casualty Underwriting Specialist I
1 35% Provide technical and consultative expertise to credit unions by servicing commercial property & casualty coverage requests, answering billing questions, resolving problems and issuing coverage’s within prescribed authority.
2 20% Provide ongoing professional communication with field staff, insureds, auditors, attorneys and other CUNA Mutual departments via telephone, letters, faxes and Internet. Responsible for routing calls to the appropriate internal contacts for those issues not handled within the CUP Servicing team. Primary communication is via the telephone.
3 15% Acts as an insurance consultant to both internal and external customers.
4 5% Provide web support expertise to customer on CUNA Mutual webinars, added value services, and required renewal questionnaire. Train credit union staff on using the Credit Union Protection website for, transmitting requests for coverage changes, and completing policy renewal surveys.
5 10% Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of policy coverage, loss prevention and underwriting authority to complete appropriate applications and communications for coverage payments received via the phone, mail, fax or the internet.
6 10% Documents all verbal and written communication between internal and external customers using an on-line customer contact tracking system and effectively captures the underwriting decision making process.
7 5% The above statement of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
1. Associate degree in Business, Insurance, Accounting, or Finance or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience. IIA or CPCU courses are a preferred but not required.
2. 3 years experience in Property & Casualty underwriting or risk management areas or comparable experience in the commercial property and casualty lines field.
3. Demonstrated ability to analyze insuring agreements to determine coverage applicability.
4. Demonstrate written and oral communications skills.
5. Demonstrated effective customer service and problem solving skills.
6. Proficient in PC operations including word processing and Web applications knowledge, Excel.
7. Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
8. Basic Math aptitude.
9. Demonstrated effective multi tasking.
10. Detail oriented.
11. Property and Casualty Licensed preferred or within 90 days of employment in this position.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20122009-94246
CUNA Mutual Group - 30+ days ago
CUNA Mutual Group is the leading provider of financial services to credit unions and their members worldwide.