Silver Bay Property Corp. (“Silver Bay”) is a leading nationwide owner/manager of single-family homes for rent. Our management team combines experience in acquisitions and property management with an institutional quality process. We lead the industry with our ability to control and acquire homes in a single-family residential real estate environment. We endeavor to be a leader in the industry with a focus on a quality customer experience and efficient operational execution of all properties and markets we deliver. The Company leverages technology and analytics to bring a realistic approach to decision-making including the analysis of rents, market values and various operating metrics in order to actively monitor the portfolio.
Silver Bay is seeking a Property Accountant to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting assignments. We are seeking an individual who can learn quickly and be ready to take on added responsibilities in the future. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a solid understanding of accounting principles and 2-5 years of accounting experience.
- Report on property management profitability.
- Assist in the monthly close process in accordance with the monthly close calendar. Investigate variances and submit variance reports.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors and bankers, as required.
- Review and analyze the general ledger and ensure records are kept in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with treasury functions including cash management and cash flow projections.
- Assist in annual plan/budget preparation process by preparing revenue projections and variance analysis.
- Assist in guidance of staff at branch locations.
- Assess global impact of rent concessions, initial lease set-up fees, and other global property operational accounting considerations.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are in accordance with the policies, procedures and financial controls communicated by Corporate Accounting.
- Understand the flow of transactions in property management software and the general ledger to ensure that financial statements are complete and accurate.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, required
- 2-5 years professional accounting experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP
- Superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Property management accounting experience preferred
Silver Bay Property Corp. - 17 months ago