Key Accountabilities: Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Analyze construction work-in-progress accounts to determine description and cost of assets constructed.
• Record assets in general ledger in compliance with GAAP and Federal Energy Commission (FERC) regulations. Record any changes in property plant and equipment schedules and prepare monthly and quarterly financial packages.
• Record all fixed assets into JD Edwards fixed asset system.
• Analyze and record depreciation and amortization of fixed assets.
• Maintain asset records used to prepare annual report to government agencies.
• Provide assistance with assimilating purchase acquisitions into company records.
• Provide asset reports to various departments as scheduled and upon request.
• Perform audit of payments to ensure proper classification.
• Perform physical inventories and reconciliations for company fixed assets and record in SharePoint.
• Support other Accounting projects as needed.