In brief summary, the Property Accountant is responsible for day-to-day financial management activities for the Company. These activities include maintaining adequate controls and regular financial tracking and reporting.
Cover letters are optional yet encouraged in submission of your resume.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for multiple entities accurately and timely
- Prepare audit schedules and year end materials
- Review and analyze financial statements
- Maintain and review cash flow
- Applies appropriate accounting techniques and standard practices when inputting, tracking, analyzing, reconciling and reporting on his/her designated accounts of responsibility
- Prepares bank reconciliation
- Performs month-end closing
- Work with Community Manager
- Support in the development of annual budget and reporting plans
- Perform other functions and specials projects as assign
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Qualifications (Skills – technical and non-technical):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in financial/accounting management
- Previous experience in Real Estate, Property Management or related field preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge of computers, Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and other applicable accounting software
- Previous experience with MRI system is a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment):
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and process
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Strong service orientation to internal customers
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse and phone
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating orally, reasoning & analyzing
Carmel Partners is a premier national full-service real estate company. We specialize in acquisition, development, renovation, management...