Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country’s best markets. Built upon foundations of opportunity, we take a disciplined approach to every aspect of commercial retail real estate. Whether it's redevelopment, property management, or acquisitions, we make sound, strategic decisions based on solid demographics, broad experience, and stable resources. This has led to a high quality portfolio of assets. We turn commercial real estate into exciting destination retail centers that suit their exceptional locations.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is sourcing for a FULL TIME TEMPORARY candidate to cover the Project Accountant position at Santana Row while the current employee is out on a medical leave. This position will run from approximately March 4th through until August 4th 2013.
Responsible for performing day to day accounting functions for large mixed use development project and other shopping centers located in Western Region. Must have past experience with general ledger accounting systems. Prepare job cost accounting as it relates to construction, maintain General Ledger financial analysis (reconciliation with sub-ledgers), create and maintain Pro-forma statements, Handle retention payments to vendors as well as lien release, prepare timely and accurate job cost and commitment reconciliation, close-out of jobs that are completed, maintain spreadsheets for Lease abstract and various other construction items (Excel), Accounts Payable as it relates to the projects assigned.
• Overseeing accounts receivable: rent checks received at Santana Row
• Overseeing tenant invoicing for service rendered: landscaping, security, maintenance, grease trap
• Overall financial reporting for retail and residential operations
• Monthly Accounting/ Financial Review
• Job cost accounting as it relates to construction
• General Ledger financial analysis (reconciliation with sub-ledgers)
• Pro-forma statements
• Balance sheet accounts, cash accounts, prepaid, etc accounts need to be reconciled monthly to sub-ledgers on a quarterly basis.
• Explain variances and changes to these accounts. Any adjustments needed are posted into the system through AD-1 adjustments and zero checks.
• Month-end and quarter-end accruals. Include operating expenses, insurance, WIP, RE taxes, interest
• Quarterly commitment reports
• Accounts payable - coding of invoices, answer vendor questions and reconcile
• Distribution of detailed reports and financial statements to department managers
• Update the rental and additional rent income schedules
• Review other income accounts.
• Discussion and consolidation of variance analysis from department managers
• Preparation of monthly and YTD Actual vs. Forecast vs. Budget variance analysis reports
• Distribution of GL detailed reports and financial statements to department managers
• Review, book the rental income JE from residential property management company to CTI
• Act as liaison between FRIT and residential property manager
• Respond to request for accounting information from operations department
• Ensure that accounting activities comply with all applicable laws and regulations, corporate policies and guidelines, accepted accounting standards and governing agreements.
• Accounting Degree
• 2-4 years experience in property accounting
• Excellent communication skills required
• Familiarity with database systems and accounting software preferred
In 2012, Federal Realty celebrated 50 years of being a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail...