Performs wide-ranging accounting activities for large commercial real estate portfolio in Longmont. Obtains financial data for use in maintaining accounting records for multiple properties. May provide advice and direction to property accountant for more complex accounting activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs lease document analysis and entry into CTI, which includes recurring charge, straight-line rent and recovery records set up.
- Assists property manager by preparing selected schedules and required reports which will include quarterly, monthly, annual and others as required by asset management.
- Prepares rent rolls for Managers' review and approval.
- Oversee cash flow management and Loan compliance.
- Prepares tenant statements.
- Maintains recovery models and occupancy schedules for lease commencements, expirations and renewals.
- Prepares operating expense recovery reconciliation in CTI; including gross-up calculations.
- Receipt and apply lockbox cash receipts to tenant A/R and other receivables. Prepares A/R collection reports.
- Performs account reconciliations and all tenant account adjustments.
- Reviews, posts and monitors tenant billbacks (i.e. ensure that all billable items are timely/properly billed).
- Reviews or prepares GL coding for A/P invoices within PayPlus.
- Prepares capital expenditure requisition form, with analysis of budget to actual costs.
- Assists with GL reviews and prepares reclassification entries as needed.
- Responsible for preparation of the reforecast/budget process which may include preparing various schedules including recovery models and inputting information into Realogic.
- Prepares and inputs tenants' estimated recovery billings in CTI, using recovery models or other tools.
- Participates in monthly variance analysis comparing actual results to budget.
- Participates in year end and other audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
B.A. degree in accounting or equivalent; 4+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have the ability to work with others, the ability to follow direction from management, and the ability to follow workplace procedures.
Ability to operate various software packages, including CTI and Realogic; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to operate various types of office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This position may require travel to and from various other locations. It may require expedient travel methods to include aircraft, rental cars, and use of personal automobile. Estimated travel demands 0-10% of time but may work out of both the Longmont and Boulder offices.
If you are interested and qualified for this position please respond to this posting submitting your resume and cover letter for consideration via email. Thank you for your time and interest in this position. Please note that those applicants that do not meet the requirements above may not be considered.