GGP has an immediate need for a Property Accountant at the Columbia Regional Office in Columbia, MD.
General Growth Properties has been in the shopping center business for more than 50 years blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country’s top shopping centers. As employees we are collaborative, creative, self starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer everyday. A career with GGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey into the retail real estate industry!
The Property Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timley recording/reporting of property level financial statement in accordance with GAAP and GGP Policies.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Prepare balance sheet and income statement for assigned portfolio of properties
· Analyze, doucment and record transactions in GGP’s JD Edwards general ledger
· Prepare and maintain supporting workpapers as specified
· Provide detailed explanation of all balance sheet and income statement variances
· Calculate tenant CAM charges in accordance with lease terms
· Work with internal and external business partners (e.g. Asset Management, GGP’s financial reporting team, external and external auditors)
· Document and record ownership-level transactions/adjustments impacting assigned portfolio of properties based on relevant legal documents (e.g. debt agreeements, purchase and sales contracts ad joint venture agreements)
· Keep abreast of GGP’s external accounting/reporting (e.g. reading the comapany’s Form 10-Q and Supplemenatal to gain understanding of how transactions were disclosed)
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Business
· CPA candidate strongly preferred
· Demonstrated experience preparing workpapers supporting accrual-based general ledger information and documentation in response to audit inquiries
· Deadline-focused; organized; problem-solving skils
· Strong written/oral communication skills
· Intermediate level Excel skills
· Experience with ERP general ledger (e.g. JD Edwards) preferred
· Experience within public/industry accounting preferred
· Experience with aspects of real estate accounting (e.g., reviewing lease info)
General Growth Properties (GGP) has an idea for an economic stimulus plan: Let's all hang out at the mall! GGP is the country's #2...