Summary: Responsible for financial and reporting obligations for capital assets of the organization, including co-ordination and maintenance of AFE processes, state and local property tax compliance, Federal Energy Regulation Commission (FERC) depreciation and reporting regulations, annual federal and state depreciation for income taxes and various ad hoc financial projects as assigned, as more fully described below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and maintain AFE processes in a timely and accurate manner working with operations as directed, paying close attention to in process and in service AFE’s.
- Accumulate and account for monthly fixed asset details in the general ledger. Maintain separate Asset Keeper software for both book and tax depreciation, reconciling to the general ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
- Update and maintain various monthly capital assets excel spreadsheets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and file annual State and County property tax renditions working closely the company Maps department and with various States and Counties property tax departments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the negotiation of various States property taxes in the best interest of the Company. Assist in representing the Company at State property valuation hearings in a professional manner.
- Coordinate, review or prepare and resolve municipalities’ ad valorem property tax assessments.
- Maintain capital assets and related depreciation as required by FERC regulations and assist in the preparation of quarterly FERC form 6Q and annual FERC form 6 reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work closely with independent tax advisors and tax preparers to calculate Federal income tax depreciation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Update the fixed asset narrative and matrix for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance on a timely and accurate basis.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all significant events affecting job or job performance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and / or Experience:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
• BS or BA with minimum of 16 hours in Accounting, three year’s experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education and / or Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- BS or BA with minimum of 16 hours in Accounting, three year’s experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hiland Partners - 15 months ago