Phillips Edison & Company, a fully integrated retail real estate company with a portfolio of more than 25 million square feet of neighborhood shopping centers, is seeking a Sr. Accountant. The Sr. Accountant is responsible for understanding and reconciling all balance sheet and income statement accounts, and analyzing any variances from budgeted accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure assigned general ledger accounts are adequately documented and reconciled for all assigned properties.
- Prepare journal entries, worksheets, reconciliation and other documentation to ensure that transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Ability to reconcile and analyze all balance sheet accounts which includes reviewing loan documentation and leasing agreements to ensure proper accounting practices.
- Analyze and prepare real estate tax payment.
- Assist in the compilation and review of the annual property budgets.
- Review transactions and make recommendations for accruals and deferrals.
- Monitoring when escrow draws are required and supplying appropriate documentation to procure draw funds.
- Facilitate review of reported transactions with property department heads.
- Prepare assigned reports and analysis for internal and external users.
- Prepare various reports for monthly financial reporting.
- Reconciliations on monthly basis all bank accounts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field required and CPA or requirements met for certification preferred. Experience with MRI is preferred; excellent computer and analytical skills including a proficiency in Excel.